This Is Me

Jessie Bee
I am a seeker of God, a help-meet to my husband and a mother to my 3 children. I love hot lattes, good books, cold weather and anything that inspires me to be creative. I desire simplicity and authenticity, but often have to remind myself to seek those .
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

My Friends:

Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY Lemonade

The past couple days have been cold and drizzly so, naturally, my kids wanted to make lemonade.  Actually the weather had little to do with it.  Instead of waiting for life to hand them lemons, they go looking for them and yesterday they found some.

Like most kids, mine are very hands-on.  If I'm making a latte, they run in the kitchen and ask to push the espresso button and pour it in my cup.  If I'm baking, they want to crack all the eggs and measure out the baking powder.  If I'm making dinner, they want to set the table and stir whatever's in the pan.  Obviously, when it comes to making lemonade, they want to do it all.  So a few months ago, I came up with a solution:  the (nearly) DIY Lemonade kit.


Step 1:  Combine sugar and water in kid-safe pitcher.  If you don't mind how much sugar is used, or if a pitcher is broken, I guess you could skip this step.

Step 2: Cut the lemons in half.  Again, if you don't mind how many fingers are lost, you could also skip this step.

Step 3:  Give the ingredients to your kids and walk away.  Tell them to put everything in the sink when they're done.

Step 4:  Applaud yourself...you totally just won a mommy award.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio