This Is Me

Jessie Bee
I am a seeker of God, a help-meet to my husband and a mother to my 3 children. I love hot lattes, good books, cold weather and anything that inspires me to be creative. I desire simplicity and authenticity, but often have to remind myself to seek those .
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

My Friends:

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dinner: Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers!

Though I have not been blogging much, I can assure you I've been doing several other things.  Like eating, for example.
photo credit:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/05/grilled-hawaiian-teriyaki-burger.html

My twin sis recently told me about a food blog called Skinny Taste.  I initially thought this was another one of those healthy sites that gave you normal-recipes-turned-gross because it substituted yummy stuff for yucky stuff and then - viola! - the dish is automatically considered delicious for its lack of calories.  I don't like those kinds of recipes.

Well, this site does that.  Kind of.  But not really, because all the recipes (that I've tried so far) really ARE delicious.  Like her Chicken Tikka Masala.  I am a huge fan and a huge critic of chicken tikka masala and this recipe was fantastic!  No heavy cream, no butter...Pioneer Woman would not be happy (until she took a bite).  And definitely not too shabby when paired with some homemade na'an.  =)

Don't judge the bad pic...I didn't plan on posting this publicly.
Another example is her Teriyaki Burger.  I, for one, am NOT a burger person.  I almost shouldn't be American for two reasons: I can't stand ranch dressing, and I could easily live without eating hamburgers.  So why did I try this recipe?  Mostly because it gave me a chance to try out my new pineapple corer/slicer (it worked awesome, btw), but also because my kids absolutely love hamburgers.  I might have also been tempted to try it when I noticed that sriracha sauce went into the hamburger mixture (no worries...the spice doesn't stick.  My kids ate it and never knew.  But I did put loads extra in the teriyaki sauce!).  I also loved the addition of the grilled pineapple.  

The consensus?  This burger was amazing.  So amazing that I called my twin sis and told her how amazing it was.  And she knows I don't eat burgers.   

Look at my iphone camera skills!  This was the actual burger I ate.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio